Tuesday 2 January 2018

Cruise Destination: Auckland, New Zealand

Day 6 AUCKLAND
The ship arrived at the cruise pier about 8am and unlike last trip, we didn't even get out of bed to see it come into the harbour. We were here last year, and after all the walking yesterday in Mt Maunganui,  I decided to stay on the ship when it was docked and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Jonnie has never been to Auckland, so after breakfast Peter and Jonnie walked up to the Sky Tower. They said they had a good time, and after they walked along the quay, as Peter and I had done the year before.
I enjoyed my quiet time doing Sudoku. Each morning a sheet with the days puzzles are placed in the library on deck 9. I would collect a sheet either before or after breakfast each day, and keep them in a folder in my 'daytime' bag. I have three bags that I use on cruises: a daytime bag with my small water bottle, notebook and pen, book I am reading (did not do much reading this cruise), camera, puzzle folder; tissues, and the days 'Compass' with the list of activities; a nighttime bag with my water bottle, tissues, sometimes the camera, and days Compass; and a port bag with water bottles, camera, wet ones, and tissues. The only things I needed to move from one to the other was the camera and my small water bottle. System works really well, especially if we want a few cookies for the cabin for afternoon or midnight snacks as I could keep them in the daytime bag in a container.
Anyway, Peter and Jonnie came back around 3pm, and as they knew I would be on Dec 6 'somewhere' they found me in the Colony Club. Where we had a few drinks and stayed for the 5 o'clock quiz while watching Auckland getting smaller as we sailed out.
 We went to the Schooner Bar for the Music Quiz - All about the band Queen, and met up with Marg and Steve. They did the Hop On Hop Off in Auckland that we did last time and recommended. We were glad they did as we enjoyed it last time. We didn't do very well with the quiz, even with four of us, but we enjoy each others company -that's what counts.

A quick change for dinner and photo of the sunset from the balcony.
After dinner we went to the Aurora Theatre to watch the movie "The Mummy" with Jonnie. I hadn't planned on staying but the movie was sort of OK and Peter, Marg and Steve came too - won't watch it again though 😊. Jonnie went back to the cabin and we went to the Champagne Bar for a nightcap.

No comments:

Post a Comment