Tuesday 17 December 2019

My Drinking Views....

When I first book a cruise I don't think about the interesting ports we will visit.
I don't think about the wonderful food on board.
....or the great entertainment.
I think a little about the amazing ship - I think they are all amazing, but Ovation is more so.....
What I think about is the cocktails I will be enjoying. I love taking photos of 'my drinking view' and a cruise ship (with a drinks package) is the perfect place to enjoy a few cocktails. On embarkation my first drink is always a mojito. I started this way back in 2009 and on each and every cruise that is my first drink. Here we are in the Two70 - where we also had our first lunch on board.
 After lunch we explored to ship and came to the next bar - Music Hall - where I still wanted to enjoy another mojito. First day is like that 😀.
 Each morning the first drink is the freshly squeezed orange juice.
 Some mornings I would enjoy a chocolate frappe, while Peter would have his after breakfast latte, or a lemon lime and bitters.
 As I said, a drinks package is a great way to try all different types of drinks, and there are so many to choose from. Prices are in US$, so at today's exchange rate (Dec 2019) a glass of Prosecco on board would cost $US11 =$AUS16

A beer around $US8 =$AUS11.65
Cocktails at $US14 =$AUS20.38
I tried a number of different cocktails and even started to rate them for next time - see above.

....and my drinking view - Music Hall above, Two70 below drinking a margarita.
I tried a Bellini a few bars, both different and neither a real Bellini - Celebrity Solstice is the only ship where I can get a real Bellini in any bar.
There was a cocktail of the day at a cheaper price each day, as we were sailing on Halloween there were cheaper Halloween cocktails.
I had a Witches Brew, and Peter had his daiquiri.
It is fun trying different drinks, and there was only one that I couldn't drink - can't remember the name, but all the rest were yummy. I still have my favourites - Mojitos, especially with lunch.
....or when something refreshing is wanted at showtime.
Another daytime favourite was a mudslide.
Evenings I enjoyed chocolate martinis
The Bionic Bar was interesting, and we never got to try it - just never there at the right time.
A drinks package for us is usually worth it, but we always check the updated prices and make our decision on that. Different cruise lines have different prices. On this Ovation Cruise, we booked about a year ago and the package included a deluxe drinks package for all of us in the room, even though Jon doesn't drink, he enjoyed some of the mocktails.
This blog has made me thirsty - off to make a chocolate martini!

No comments:

Post a Comment