Friday 25 April 2014

Adelaide - Cultural Area

All around Adelaide are statues and interesting art works, but along North Terrace you not only have heritage buildings,  but the Art Gallery, State Museum, and universities.
 This is not too far from the zoo.
 This gazebo is in Elder Park was built in 1882 and is made of iron.
One of the interesting sculptures.
These buildings are opposite the State Museum. I'm not sure what they are, but they look good.
This sign was in front of the museum. I remember growing up playing this game with my Mum and sister and brother while walking on the footpath.
Very interesting piece of art outside the SA Art Gallery. Not sure if I like it, but it is certainly interesting.
Jonnie thought it was a puzzle.
This water feature is made up of many cylinders. The birds liked playing in them as much as the children did.
Another water feature outside the State Library. It is made of local slate.
This on top of the Adelaide Festival Centre.  I'm not sure if it is art or if it is something functional.
Many stone art pieces can be found, and I'm sure that they have a meaning,  but couldn't find anything.




Happy travels
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment